Tuesday 22 March 2011

Nigellas Quick Lime Curd

Thanks to the wonderful Nigella Lawson and my fab greengrocer (who had a glut of fruit and veg for me to pickle, conserve and bake with) I made this totally yummy Lime Curd.


75g Butter (unsalted)
3 Eggs (large and beaten)
75g Caster Sugar
125ml Lime Juice
Zest 1 Lime

  • Melt butter in a saucepan then take off the heat and allow to cool slightly for a few minutes
  • Add all the other ingredients and whisk thoroughly
  • Turn the heat back on low and continue to whisk until a thick custard conststancy.
  • Allow to cool slightly before filling a sterilised 350ml jar.
  • Store in the fridge

6 comments:

  1. this is vile

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is delicious! Made a second batch as my brother and sister want a jar!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So good! Not too sweet and it is a perfect texture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I subbed a vegetarian butter and turned the heat up to low-medium to thicken the curd. It has worked nicely and tastes lovely- not too sweet which is the way my family enjoys it.

    ReplyDelete